Sunday, October 24, 2010

Robes and Wings?

So, halloween is always a stressful time of year for me! We throw a big party for all of our friends (costume of course) and have a great time. Coming up with a good costume is always a big challenge. Last year, I went as a vampire. It was overall a great costume except my fangs wouldn't stay in...I don't know how vampires do it!! So this year, we decided to go as Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort (me being Lord Voldemort of course).

So, a few weekends ago we went and found our costumes at a local halloween store after a very long time of searching! When I got home, I realized my "robe" was actually a cape with a hood and not a robe at all. So today we stopped in to buy the robe.

Now, I fully understand the concept that these stores are only open once a year, and sometimes I think that's probably all the people who work there come out from, well wherever they live. So, after searching for sometime for a robe, my partner finally told me to ask one of the ladies who worked there. Conversation below:

Me: "excuse me, do you have any black robes" (this is afterall halloween...it's a staple right?)

Her: "Robes? Black Robes? We have black Wings"

Me: (confused look on my face as to how we got from robes to wings) "Oh ok"

So at this point, whether it's because I'm still trying to figure out how the hell I ask for a robe and she throws out wings, I'm ready to leave, more distraught because I'm leaving tuesday for a conference and won't be back until the day before the party. However, we ran into another worker there who when wasked the questions said "Why yes, we have a bunch of robes".

I'm still not sure what the sales person we asked the first time was on, but I might be interested. Last time I looked, Lord Voldemort wasn't flying around Muggleville with tiny wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment